Robotics Engineering Manager - #6569471
Canonical - Jobs
We are looking for an engineering manager with a passion for open source robotics to lead our dedicated team working on ROS and related open source stacks. Our goal is to enable secure robots with amazing developer experience, security, and operations at scale. We believe that Ubuntu can empower a new generation of roboticists to innovate and ship products that meet international requirements for safety, security and management.
This role is about leading the development of Ubuntu as a robotics platform. You and your team of engineers will enable ROS developers to deliver high quality, secure robots, while enhancing the developer experience for robotics innovators around the world. You will lead your team in security and packaging contributions to the upstream ROS project, and represent Canonical and Ubuntu to the robotics community. You will work closely with the Robotics Product Manager to define and execute a vision and roadmap for robotics on Ubuntu.
As an engineering manager at Canonical your primary responsibility is to your team: helping them grow as engineers, do important and satisfying work, and have a great time while doing it. Technical leadership experience and a background in software engineering are necessary prerequisites for this role. You will be expected to lead, challenge, and develop strong engineers, positively influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you'll do
- Work with Product Management to define the vision and strategy for robotics on Ubuntu
- Define and execute an engineering roadmap for the Robotics team at Canonical
- Represent Ubuntu and Canonical in the upstream ROS project and broader robotics community
- Coordinate, guide, and oversee the engineering work of your team
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Develop skills through coaching, feedback and hands-on technical leadership
- Set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and external stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Work from home with international travel twice a year, up to two weeks, for internal and external events
Who you are
- You have a strong software engineering, Linux, and open source background
- You have in-depth knowledge of C/C++ and Python programming
- You have practical experience in robotics, including ROS and related software components
- You have experience leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers
- You have a track record of timely delivery and high quality software
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing it
- You have experience working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Este emprego expirou. Por favor, use o formulário de busca para encontrar empregos ativos ou enviar seu currículo.